March 4, 2008

Wordless: Four Thousand Words [liz]

I like to write; it is often how I work through what I am thinking and feeling. It might take more than an hour, but in just a few succinct phrases I can sum up the tragedy or elation of the moment. Unfortunately, words aren't always there to greet me and fill the page. So on those days it is better to forget the words, pick up some oil pastels (choose your preferred medium), and draw in which ever way my hands will move. Somehow, from simply drawing lines and mixing color I feel a release, and that is enough for me.



Wordless - Elizabeth Janik






1 comment:

  1. Random creativity is one of my favorite things ["draw in which ever way my hands will move"]. It's nice when a simple and somewhat abstract drawing can bring a soul release of sorts.

    ReplyDelete