April 15, 2008

"Today" (From Zion) [sean]

The lyric escapes like a breath vacates a fresh cadavre.
Stuck and arguing on an irrelevant fact-of-the-matter.
"Yes?" "No-- let's not waste the effort. They're already done."
Demons don't even try. God's Son died and all we do is banter.

I'm a hypocrite, yes I'm a hypocrite too.
I'm a hypocrite just like you/Is this what we're reduced to?
Under the floorboards, all the dirty skeletons. Yell at them.
A Word. A crack of Light. Take these bones and make them new.

Is this what we're--"behold, the Lamb. Come to take away the..."
I will fall down a sinner shedding tears and begging for mercy.
I will lick the dust, I will hide my eyes and hang my head in shame.
He will lift it, saying "do not be afraid."

Look up. Look! The crossbar; the pain; the twitching skin.
Splinters working their way in. The mutilated mass of flesh.
Look! "Like one from whom men hide their faces." Understand.
The land plunged into nightfall. "You shall name Him Emmanuel."

You want a picture of grace? Well there's one.

... and with nothing else that could be done, we sang a song:

Forgiven by the blood of the Father's Son,
Not by my righteousness (because I have none).
A little more lyric and a little less lies;
Brought near to the King when I should be despised.
Oh, that was all we ever needed.
On that Day, God will wipe the tear from every eye.

3 comments:

  1. Favorite lines:

    "Demons don't even try. God's Son died and all we do is banter."

    "Under the floorboards, all the dirty skeletons. Yell at them."

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favorite part:
    "A little more lyric and a little less lies;
    Brought near to the King when I should be despised."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Favorite Line:

    "I will lick the dust, I will hide my eyes and hang my head in shame.
    He will lift it, saying "do not be afraid."

    Reminds me so much of John 8. Thanks the redirection.

    ReplyDelete