November 10, 2009

Where Did My Confidence Go? [liz]

I like the freedom of a blue sky
And the cozy feel of a cloudy one
I want to sit by a fire
But hate it when my legs are cold
I want to be with you forever
But don't trust you like my friends
Any reasonable request is a Yes
And at times the unreasonable too
Where did my confidence go?

I don't want to make you sad
Living across the Western line
I did not throw out my heritage
You taught me to open my arms
So I did, while walking

I like the intimacy of the bar stool
As I swivel toward you
I like how you greet me
Can I ask you to stay with me
And not into the barley
Come, greet me again

I like to look nice and dress well
Then envy those wearing sweatshirts
I'm proud of my thrifty bicycle
Raise my nose to the villager powered by electricity
Then remember it was my choice

I liked how you knew me
Without having seen me in so long
I liked how you cared about my soul
And how you sent me flowers
I liked listening to you speak to me
And loved what could have been

3 comments:

  1. Interesting juxtaposition of images in this one. I liked looking at the different thoughts in terms of confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full. Vivid. So many thoughts, so many questions.

    I agree with Jenna--after reading it a couple times, I did so while adding "Where did my confidence go?" to the end of each stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like everyone else, I also added "Where did my confidence go?" after each stanza-which really gave it a different feel for me. I truly loved it.

    ReplyDelete