February 4, 2011

Childhood [tony]



If childhood had a voice she would scream
screaming so loud that she was silent to the ones nearby
hidden by the walls of this hell hole of a home
where the walls crumble and the windows shatter
because of all the hatred buried in the plaster
and fake facial expressions stained within the glass
a childhood so heartless,
wandering in circles trying to find something you're blind to is impossible
feet blistering, they themselves know that Journey has made his mark
but her mind is clueless to the pain, she's putting herself through
with the slightest hope that she might find this abandoning love
to never know what love is, to find something you know nothing about

as Journey does best stripping her down to her core
wondering where it is, his mind becomes in cloud with smoke of confusion
I've stripped you bare, it is not here, where are you hiding it
hiding what... The Love that I have not found, why do you want this Love so bad
because, I am Journey my name itself has searched far and wide
I've stripped millions bare and have not found it yet

here I stand dismantled in despair stripped to my core
trusting you of all things
letting you place my feet on this path you so call the way
shame on you

something has changed
I feel... joy,love and truth
I've found it, it's been here all along
having to confront you on my own
childhood had a heart, and it was found

4 comments:

  1. "I was lost, but now am found. Was blind, but now I see." Welcome Home, Tony - again and again and again and again and again and....

    You are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The imagery is intense and specific, even contradictory: "screaming so loud that she was silent...". I also like "hatred buried in plaster."

    Several good uses of alliteration.

    It's also interesting that the "light at the end of the tunnel," so to speak, is significantly simpler, not as developed as the darkness, violence, agony beforehand.

    Good work, Tony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the last line.

    Also, the image's juxtaposition of harshness/forgotten things with the peace of a quiet stream works well with the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. .fav.
    "...might find this abandoning love to never know what love is, to find something you know nothing about..."

    ReplyDelete