June 16, 2009

The Cross [kory]

Cold, dark and alone
Why do you allow me to visit this place
My demons dance freely, with smiles of contentment
As I begin to settle for the fate of my acts.

I call to you humbly
Your answer comes swiftly
Like an arrow headed straight for my heart
Piercing the darkness
The shadows grow dimmer
My focus is drawn to your light from above

Drawing me out to the place of your sacrifice
Feeling droplets of love covering the farce that I am

You love me
I need you
A match made in Heaven
Cemented this day at the foot of the cross.

3 comments:

  1. .fav.
    My demons dance freely, with smiles of contentment

    ReplyDelete
  2. really good one! i liked the line justin said and also "feeling droplets of love covering the farce that I am".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Julie and Justin on the favorite lines. :)

    ReplyDelete