June 23, 2009

Untitled [julie]

I know I'm selfishly entangled
Holding tiny mirrors in my hands
Cutting into veins that shouldn't feel
Mixing life with only a reflection

Colors that I've never tasted
Find their way into my dreams
Perfect symmetry in motion
Spilling cycles to the wind

Catalyst tongues exiled to islands
Images counted and weighed
Measuring the distance between seconds
Doing what I can to be still

Quiet conversations in rooms that you left blank
The breath or the voice in your back pocket
If I was anything but the other
I would be farther than I am

3 comments:

  1. For some reason I feel like this could be a song. Don't ask me why.

    I love your images! I can't say it enough. I love the first stanza. I love "Catalyst tongues exiled to islands."

    I feel like you're so precise with your grouping of words and images that it creates such a depth that I could analyze each line at length independently and still pull all kinds of depth out of it. (Wow that was a long sentence.)

    Good post. I love the meter of the last two lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a favorite. Second verse especially. Thanks for sharing, Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images. I like the second stanza a lot.

    ReplyDelete