June 12, 2009

The Part of You I Can't Forget [jason]

there's a part of you that hearkens me
like a siren call in my memory
from years ago I remember yet
and in my mind I still can see
the part of you I can't forget

it's odd to me that such a place
can tether me through time and space
to the person whom I yearn for yet
to see your smile and feel your face
near the part of you I can't forget

to follow your lips until they crease
upon your cheekbones you release
fingers that flourish refined, and yet
brush brunette bangs back with ease
behind the part of you I can't forget

you smile shy but with a ponderous grin
make me wonder what trouble you're in
inside your mind, you're youthful yet
you break gaze with mine and so begin
to expose the part of you I can't forget

once again we find each other here and near
our hearts still fresh beyond the years
these crossing paths not departed yet

seal your essence as a spiritual sear
upon my own, for one thing I fear
that I'll forget the part I can't forget

so in words I write, expecting yet
again to see you as flesh more clear
as you tuck your hair behind your ear

2 comments:

  1. .fav.
    "brush brunette bangs back with ease
    behind the part of you I can't forget"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the lilting rhythm of this piece. It cooperates well with the words. The second stanza is my favorite--I love that.

    ReplyDelete