May 14, 2010

The Black Banner: The Discovery of Joy [jessie b]

Big, billowing, whipping, towering,
Flying, flowing, caressing, covering.
Soft, black textile weaving its way
Through petals of crimson and plum.
Fabric and flower meet in dance.

Pain, comfort, confusion, peace,
Loneliness, freedom, fear, trust.
Steadying presence surrounding me,
Filling every crack, each hole.
My emptiness isn’t really empty with You for


You are here.
You do hear.
You do heal.
You do love.

You are good.
You are hard.
You are soft.
You are joy.

My joy.






3 comments:

  1. First, I love the combination of writing and painting. Also, I like that the banner is pain and comfort, confusion and peace; that God is hard and soft.

    I wouldn't have expected that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you incorporated the paintings with your writing...powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful paintings jessie! "Soft, black textile weaving its way through crimson and plum. Fabric and flower meet in dance" -great line!

    ReplyDelete