May 21, 2010

Yellow [kris]

Titillating.
French cut, pleather leotard.
Perched upon your Alexander McQueens—campy canary.
The design is there:
Moist skin,
tucked and pushed in all the right places.
Crimson lips,
with the texture of warm, dripping honey.
But the design is inverted.
Its not alluring, it hurts.
It stings.
And instead of adjusting to the sting, shockingly I’m cut deeper.
Pulled deeper.
By the edgy mix of flesh and art.
The ratio is the same,
but the sum is different.
I’m glad you’ve kept your Italian nose.
I’m glad your eyes are sharp.
I’m glad that when I lean in, and listen.
You’re not singing a siren song.
You’re not inviting the world to an excruciating death between your legs.
No.
You show us how absurd it all is.
How depraved we are at our cores.

3 comments:

  1. I was at an art exhibit in Scranton a few years back that consisted of decoupaged people - male and female organs were a focal point of all these pieces. I felt shame. I felt what you were writing about.

    You choose and connect words well. It's difficult to not get lost in descriptive words when writing something you want people to experience - nothing is lost in your writing.

    I want to see the context in which this was inspired. Why yellow? I get the whole "campy canary" outfit thing, but I was confused for a moment... I'm wondering what "yellow" makes most people feel and think - does it fit with the theme and purpose of this piece? *Sometimes I think it's okay to imbellish a story a bit to make the point more clear - I am assuming this is based off of a real-life account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how your two pieces connect... the first you were sitting on a curb looking, hearing, feeling every little thing; and in the second, you observe a prostitute. Through words, you help others to fully experience what God has allowed you to see, feel, smell, think. There is definitely potential for you to have a collection of written pieces along these lines.

    Kris, the fact that you can reveal sensuality in a way that isn't cheap through your words reveals a gift in writing. Keep at it. I definitely want to read more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady Gaga?

    You've got an eye for the beautiful composition, but also a heart for beauty as it was truly intended--a lonely place to be sometimes.

    I like the McQueen reference...if only you'd included some microscopic kilt somewhere in the description!

    ReplyDelete