May 19, 2009

Learning to Fly [kory]

Trapped in the walls of my self patrolled prison
I peer toward the heavens to ask “Where are you now?”

You bestow blessing, my heart recognizes
As I look at my future with the eyes of my past

Your blood makes me worthy
I pray you believe that
The darkness of lies cloaks the truth of your light

The shame of my innocence heckles me gently
I stand at the edge
My feet rise from the ground

The end of this torment is closing in quickly
I wish I had wings
No turning back now

I scream for your rescue
You quiet my spirit
Night time is over
Your new day is here.

4 comments:

  1. "The end of this torment is closing in quickly / I wish I had wings"

    I really like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice cadence. Praying that he realiizes that his blood makes you worthy... Turns a popular notion on its head. I like it when a poem surprises me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .fav.
    "The shame of my innocence heckles me gently"

    ReplyDelete