May 26, 2009

Tree [julie]

We start out together
I am you and you are me
Like two siblings playing in the street
Blissfully ignorant of how short it will last
The innocence breaks
The weight of separation divides us
I can do it on my own
Unwilling to be a part of something greater
Spending my time giving pieces of myself here and there
A chance to make my own destiny
Scattered and thinned out tissue paper stems
Fading out into the skyline
Too divided and too lost to know who I am
I never saw you
Through every break, every disappointing investment
Following me down my misguided paths
You were there
I am you and you are me

5 comments:

  1. "I never saw you" was my very line-I found it simple but painfully sad. I liked it; thank you for sharing your poetry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You create such poignant images and distinct descriptions.

    I like the line, "Scattered and thinned out tissue paper stems," for that reason. And because of its aesthetics; it's an enjoyable sentence to say aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. diddo with teddi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Spending my time giving pieces of myself here and there
    A chance to make my own destiny
    Scattered and thinned out tissue paper stems"
    I loved that.

    ReplyDelete